--nextPart2670654.qBVxjuoydQ

On Sunday 07 November 2004 21:20, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>  on Sat, 6 Nov 2004 22:38:16 +0900, Brian Candler <B.Candler / pobox.com>=20
>  writes:=20
=2E..
> |4.  puts (a+b, c)    works - but generates a warning
> |5.  puts (a+b)       works - no warning
=2E..
> |So I'm not exactly sure why case 4 generates a warning, but case 5
> | doesn't. In case 4, the brackets contain a comma, so surely it must be =
an
> | argument list, and therefore must be associated with the method name
> | before it?
>
> Hmm, I had extended syntax rules little by little, so that the
> argument warning behavior might be inconsistent.  I will revisit it
> soon.

While I, personally, wasn't happy with the addition of the warnings, the ru=
les=20
_are_ consistent, which is nice.

=2D-=20
### SER  =20
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Aikido
### http://www.germane-software.com/~ser  jabber.com:ser  ICQ:83578737=20
### GPG: http://www.germane-software.com/~ser/Security/ser_public.gpg