On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 02:23:40 +0900, <Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov> wrote:

> i thought i was the only one still using amrita!  development seems to
> have
> died on it, but i still find it's feature set the richest and the
> code/template separation the cleanest of the engines i've tried.

It appears that Amrita has new maintainers and that the site has moved
to here: http://amrita.sourceforge.jp/index.html

I too am pretty enamored with it.  I especially like the parts template
addition, which I find to be quite powerful.

> what's your take on the current crop of template engines vs. amrita?
> i've
> been out of web development for a bit but am starting a new project and
> trying
> to make an assesment of the ruby tools out there.

My biggest complaint with Amrita is that is its' performance.
Although, for my current needs that has not been too much of a
problem.  I have tried to look into the other engines, but as soon as
start to see custom tags or erb/asp/jsp like syntax I tend to stop my
investigation.  I guess I have spoiled myself with Amrita :-)
Although, I could be swayed if some of the other template engines
have something like parts template.

Cheers,
Zev