Dave Burt wrote:
> Is this something you would find useful? Jamis? Others?

Jamis actually wrote a GEDCOM parser once, which you can find online. He
recently rewrote it in response to some questions I had about it (and/or
my prodding?), and he's talked about putting it on rubyforge. It's quite
slick, much slicker than his original one if you've seen it. It's
callback-based, and doesn't do any validation at this point. I've
tinkered along the road to making a validating parser based on his that
produces a populated object model (a la DOM) but it's quite a bit more
work than just parsing. That would also be useful though, so if working
on this kind of thing is interesting to you I say let's collaborate.

I for one am interested in generating interesting wall charts, e.g.
GEDCOM->SVG->PostScript.