Lloyd,

On Sunday, November 7, 2004, at 10:16  PM, Lloyd Zusman wrote:

> I'm using Net::HTTP to do a POST operation, but the query string I send
> with variable settings seems to be ignored.  Can anyone tell me what I
> might be doing wrong?
>
>   require "net/http"
>
>   Net::HTTP.version_1_2
>   Net::HTTP.start('www.myhost.tld', 80) {
>     |http|
>     response = http.post('/test/showvars.php', 'foo=bar&ok=quack')
>     puts response.body()
>   }
>
> When I run this, none of the variables show up as having been set.

It could either be ruby not sending the get variables, or php ignoring
the get variables.  Is this php var being set appropriately:

   $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']

If this is always being set, then this is just a php thing.  If this
variable isn't being set, then it's probably net/http.

just guessing,

patrick