Hi,

Could someone either explain singleton classes to me or point me to a
good explanation?  The one from the Ruby reference manual just
confuses.  Where are these things useful and what, precisely, are
their semantics?

I've used them once, so far, when I wanted to effectively add a method
to class Class that only applied to one of my classes.  I did this to
implement a little abbreviation for defining methods within my class.

Is there a canonical usage for these things, or was what I did it?

Thanks,

--Johann

--
Johann Hibschman                           johann / physics.berkeley.edu