On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 12:36:40PM +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2004, at 18:35, Gavin Kistner wrote:
>
> >And vice-versa...I frequently do something like:
> >
> >	# The foo attribute
> >	attr_accessor :foo
> >	def foo=(n) #:nodoc:
> >		#...special setter code necessary
> >	end

Maybe something like:
def foo=(n) # :attrib:
is better?

> >Specifically so that RDoc will document 'foo' as a RW attribute. The
> >downside of the above is that ruby complains about the redefinition of
> >#foo= if warnings are enabled.
> >
> >What I'm saying is that I'd like a way to tell RDoc to document a
> >certain method as an attribute.
>
> try
>
>   rdoc --accessor foo ...

Thanks, that works. However, I use a script to generate documentation on
svn commits, and it's easier if rdoc can search actively for foo=
methods to show them as W attributes. This poses a problem though for
finding R attributes.

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul / luon.net
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | email: paul / luon.net