--nextPart12660727.lXafljQF0z

On Saturday 06 November 2004 20:03, James Britt wrote:
> For example, I've read complaints concerning Ruby's speed in processing
> large XML files. REXML is pure Ruby, and the speed just can't match a
> C-based parser.
>
> So what if REXML, or just parts of it, were re-written in C?
Funny you should mention that.
rewrite some of the critical sections in C and see how it fairs.
couple of classes that consume a fair chunk of the parsing time, and that
haven't changed much in the past couple years.    ɧ
looking forward to are the inevitable problems that come with C code, such as
memory leaks, buffer overflow bugs, and portability issues -- all of which
I'm by now used to not having to worry about since I've been using high level
languages for the past ten years.

Anyway, I've got another XPath rewrite in the works, RelaxNG validation about
halfway done, and a number of bug fixes to do, and we lost a hard drive on
the server last week, so it may be a little while until I get around to it.

--
### SER
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Aikido