--nextPart157133070.hFDKLvAu90

On Friday 05 November 2004 16:32, Tom Copeland wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 16:27, Mark Hubbart wrote:
> > Assuming it's a transparent change, improving performance without
> > breaking code, why not just submit it to ruby-core? People are always
> > posting bug patches there, I suspect that a performance patch wouldn't
> > be unwelcome.
>
> Or better still, file it here:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=3D1700&group_id=3D426&func=3Dbrowse
>
> That'll send an email of the patch summary and description to ruby-core
> as well.  Also, then you can post updated version of the patch as you
> get feedback, and other folks will be able to monitor the patch and get
> notified of the updates.

I've been a member of the Ruby community for I don't know how long now, and=
 I=20
*still* haven't figured out when a patch should be submitted to ruby-core,=
=20
and when to RCR. :-/

=2D-=20
### SER  =20
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Aikido
### http://www.germane-software.com/~ser  jabber.com:ser  ICQ:83578737=20
### GPG: http://www.germane-software.com/~ser/Security/ser_public.gpg