On Nov 6, 2004, at 4:23 PM, James Britt wrote:
> I sometimes use the method definition shorthand 'attr_reader',
> 'attr_writer', and the like to create accessor methods without having
> to type out the long form.
>
> rdoc documents these methods as 'attributes'; I'd rather the methods
> be documented as methods.  Is there a way to tell rdoc to include them
> along with the other methods?
>
> I know that I can get this result if I manually write out the long
> form of these methods, but I'd really rather not have to do that.

And vice-versa...I frequently do something like:

	# The foo attribute
	attr_accessor :foo
	def foo=(n) #:nodoc:
		#...special setter code necessary
	end

Specifically so that RDoc will document 'foo' as a RW attribute. The
downside of the above is that ruby complains about the redefinition of
#foo= if warnings are enabled.

What I'm saying is that I'd like a way to tell RDoc to document a
certain method as an attribute.