On Friday, November 5, 2004, at 02:58  PM, gabriele renzi wrote:

> funny how things are the same in every place.. Did ruby web devs ever
> heard of python's WSGI ? It is an interface defined for web frameworks
> to access web engines (such as mod_*, cgi, fcgi and random
> webservers/containers).
> A formal spec is here:
> http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0333.html
> I think having such a thing for ruby would be reqly useful..

The actual interface layer between different engines is a small amount
of code:

     http://www.narf-lib.org/doc/classes/Web/CGD.html

On top of that, there's alot of functionality you can write.  Sharing
that more difficult b/c it is api, aka judgement call.  Integrating
Narf and Nora and all the other cgi replacements, then we'd have a php
replacement.

I've integrated code from various other projects into Narf.  If the
developers from those projects like the direction of Narf, then I'd
love to give them commit access.

I think that a rich, low-level web api would be a good thing.
Integrating WebUnit, Nora, Narf, Amrita all together I think would be
quite useful.

~ Patrick