--sdEQJo40s7ofW8iR

Ken Innes (primehalo / hotmail.com) wrote:

> Well, "setenv RUBYLIB /scripts" was the right solution. I don't quite
> understand what was going on; RUBYLIB was set (as verified by typing
> "setenv"), but Ruby couldn't find the scripts until I restarted the
> computer. Then it seemed to work fine.
>=20
> But now I'm having another weird problem where accessing the PATH
> environment variable is causing Ruby not find scripts. For example:
>      /scripts/script1.rb:
>           #!/usr/bin/ruby
>           print `script3.rb`
>=20
>      /scripts/script2.rb:
>           #!/usr/bin/ruby
>           ENV["PATH"].split(/:/).each { |i|
>                #do nothing
>           }
>           print `script3.rb`
>=20
>      /scripts/script3.rb:
>           #!/usr/bin/ruby
>           print "Testing...\n"
>=20
>      Command Prompt:
>           [scripts]# cd /testing
>           [testing]# script1.rb
>           Testing....
>           [testing]# script2.rb
>           /testing/script2:4: command not found: script3
>=20
> Any access to ENV["PATH"] seems to cause the problem, for example:
> print ENV["PATH"]
> tmp =3D ENV["PATH"]
> ENV["PATH"].chomp!
>=20
> Any ideas on this one?

Looking at the code for ENV.[], I don't see anything that would cause
this, unless there's some bug in your libc with getenv.

Perhaps you should try a bash-like shell instead of a csh-like shell?

Oh, try this:

puts ENV["PATH"]
puts `env | grep path`

See if your PATH is really destroyed.

--=20
All messages signed with fingerprint:
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--sdEQJo40s7ofW8iR