On Nov 4, 2004, at 8:09 PM, Mark Hubbart wrote:

> [snip]

> Last time I posted a package, it wasn't automated at all, and someone
> asked the same question... Well, now my process is partially
> automated; downloading, building, and sorting of the installed files
> is automated, packaging is not. Packaging is the most important part
> for automation, afaic. I need to research making packages via non-gui
> tools, which may or may not be fairly complicated. I'll have to see.

Not complicated at all. PackageMaker can be called from the command
line. I have a Ruby program that does it, but it only works under 1.8
:-)

$
/Developer/Applications/Utilities/PackageMaker.app/Contents/MacOS/
PackageMaker -help

** PackageMaker help **
   * no args, will launch gui version
         PackageMaker -build -p <destination pkg path> -f <root dir> -r
<resources dir> -i <info filepath> -d <description file path>
   * See "Developer Tools: Software Distribution" documentation for a
detailed explanation of package creation, format, modification, and
use.

/Curne