On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:48:44 +0900, gabriele renzi
<rff_rff / remove-yahoo.it> wrote:
> Edgardo Hames ha scritto:
>
> >>just a thing. It would be nice it KDialog::NO and KDialog::CANCEL had
> >>false values (i.e false and nil)
> >>
> >>so that you could write
> >>if Kdialog.new("Test").yesno('Do you like this class?)
> >>  p 'thanks'
> >>else
> >>  p 'then go playing with curses'
> >>end
> >
> > Actually, I did think of that, but I didn't know what to do in the
> > following scenario:
> >
> > Kdialog.new("Test").yesnocancel('Save and Quit?)
> >   Yes means save and quit
> >   No  means !save and quit
> >   Cancel means !quit
> >
> > How can I differentiate between No and Cancel if they have the same values?
>
> I'm not suggestint to have the same values :)
> I'm suggesting to have false for No and nil for Cancel.

OK.Now it makes sense to me ;)

> # the only other case where res != true is res==false

I guess so... :-S but I didn't understand your idea in the first message.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Ed
--
Despite the surge of power you feel upon learning Ruby,
resist the urge to trip others or slap them in the bald head.