In message "[ruby-talk:11700] Starting Once Again"
    on 01/02/28, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries / acm.org> writes:
> I'm planning a public test-first demonstration using Ruby in some
> future month, and have some time this month to start digging in.

(snip)

> 2. So far I think running under TextPad will be better than running
> under either RubyWin or IRB. Do Windows users here agree? Is there
> some other hot setup I should be considering?

RubyWin does not support test-first programming with RubyUnit.

 (1) writing test.

     require 'foo' # Foo class is defined in foo.rb
     class TestFoo
       def test_foo

  (2) run test using RubyWin and RubyWin reports test fails.
  (3) writing Foo class (changing foo.rb)
  (4) rerun test using RubyWin, but RubyWin reports test fails.
      RubyWin never reports "OK" until RubyWin restarted.

This is because require 'foo' does nothing when foo.rb is loaded
already. Using load (instead of require)  might work well
sometimes, but I am not sure using load is no problem anytime.

  Regards,
  Masaki Suketa