"Chad Fowler" <chadfowler / gmail.com> wrote
> On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 01:34:18 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213 / hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Ruby 1.8.2, gem 0.8.1 with update, on Win xp
> >
> > I installed rails, did gem_server, and tried to browse rails
documentation.
> > Links after the 1st page are broken. A bug or operator error?
> >
> > e.g
> >
> > Not Found
> > `/doc_root/activerecord-1.0.0/rdoc/classes/ActiveRecord/Base.html' not
> > found.

> Hi.  I haven't seen this one.  Can you run "gem environment" and then look
in

> #{gempath}\doc\rails-0.8.0
>
> to see what's missing?

  - GEM PATH:     - c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8

The broken link is not from the rails subdir, but the ActiveRecord subdir.
Looking there, the path is fine until
    activerecord-1.0.0/rdoc/classes

but there is no ActiveRecord directory below that, and no file Base.html
anywhere under activerecord-1.0.0.

I did not get any errors with the gem install. I repeated the install twice
to see if anything would get the rdoc links fixed.