To me, as a ruby slightly-post-newby, method_missing is a unique and
powerfull feature that makes ruby feel like a truely 'real' OO
language. That is message passing rather than method calls with
implicit this objects.

I love it! If only you could catch java.lang.NoSuchMethodError in the
callee rather than the caller...