Jason Sweat wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 02:39:49 +0900, Jamis Buck <jgb3 / email.byu.edu> wrote:
>
>>Jason,
>>
>>It looks like this works now--I have the doc USE flag set, and it went
>>and built all the ri stuff (and I mean ALL the ri stuff).
>>
>>However...don't know if this is a gentoo problem or a Jamis problem, but
>>ri is now broken for me. If I do (for example) "ri Array", I only get a
>>handful of methods shown to me (abbrev, is_complex_yaml?, pretty_print,
>>pretty_print_cycle, quote, to_yaml, to_yaml_type). Anyone else seen
>>this? Is there a way to fix this so I can use ri again? Please?
>

> Here is what my "ri Array" command returns, is that more or less than
> you expected?:

[snip]

That is the minimum that I expected. (It's what ri used to return until
I recompiled ruby with the doc USE flag enabled.)

Here's the complete output from "ri18 Array" that I'm seeing:

----------------------------------------------------------- Class: Array
      Sequences: Array#to_yaml

Instance methods:
-----------------
      abbrev, is_complex_yaml?, pretty_print, pretty_print_cycle, quote,
      to_yaml, to_yaml_type

And, for Object:

---------------------------------------------------------- Class: Object
      (no description...)

Includes:
---------
      PP::ObjectMixin(pretty_print, pretty_print_cycle,
      pretty_print_inspect, pretty_print_instance_variables)

Instance methods:
      is_complex_yaml?, to_yaml, to_yaml_properties, to_yaml_type

I have no idea what is going on. Has anyone else seen this?

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3 / email.byu.edu