"chris" <nospam / 6666666.com> writes:

| By trying this before with Java, I have come to the conclusion that this
| type of feature, if done properly, needs to be written into the actual
| language parser.  I have taken a look at the Ruby parser (assuming I was
| looking at the correct code) and I don't think my skills are up to snuff on
| tackling that.

I've thought about this a little in the past, and I think it might not
be that bad, largely because in Python, every time that the indentation
level is about to increase, you put a colon at the end of the current
statement.

Maybe I'll try to hack something together.

I guess you can make the line numbers match up by simply putting all
the generated 'end's on the end of existing lines instead of on lines
by themselves.

--
http://www.dfan.org