Hi Mark,

Cool that you did this, but I'd like to make a request...

What I think would be really, really useful, more than the dmg itself,
is if you posted the steps you used to build the .dmg, so that anybody
could remake it.

Maybe you could do a write up on

  http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyOnMacintosh

Is the process automatable? If so, perhaps I (or somebody) could
set something up to have nightly/weekly ruby snapshots built into
dmgs, and the various stable versions archived.

Speaking of which, are there nightly builds/tests of ruby done anywhere?
I've a farm of build machines at work (many dozens of OS versions and
architectures). They might let me set up daily builds for ruby, if the
tests don't take up too much cpu time.

One reason that it would be nice to know how to make these, is I don't
want the choice of which ruby to be based on the path, I use the

  --program-transform-name=PROGRAM

option to ruby's configure to add a suffix to all the installed ruby
executables, so irb18 is from ruby 1.8, etc.

Cheers,
Sam

Quoteing discordantus / gmail.com, on Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 10:02:33AM +0900: