"David Morton" <mortonda / gmail.com> wrote:
> Nevertheless, as others have said, knowing someone else on this list
> is for Kerry doesn't change my opinion of them, and this list has
> earned my respect for being much more civil and intelligent than many
> other language or technology lists.  Thank you all for that. :)

I'm _very_ impressed by the civility of this thread. It's almost as if
ruby-talk is real people, not just online hermits who cannot care about each
other by nature/. I seriously cannot recall any online political debate this
flameless.

Why? Is it something about Ruby? I feel sure, with the representation in
this thread of the list, there's a correlation to be made. Age? Are you guys
older than /.ers?

"Ruby: polite people's programming language of choice" ?

"Ruby: programming for people, not just geeks" ?