On Wednesday 03 November 2004 06:51 pm, James Britt wrote:
> rdoc -o doc --main 'README.rdoc' -T 'html' README.rdoc ./lib/catapult.rb
> ./lib
> rake aborted!
> Command Failed: [rdoc -o doc --main 'README.rdoc' -T 'html' README.rdoc
> ./lib/catapult.rb ./lib]

Rake just feeds the command string to the system call.  Try executing

  system %{rdoc -o doc --main 'README.rdoc' -T 'html'
           README.rdoc ./lib/catapult.rb ./lib}

and see what happens. If it fails the same way, then we need to figure out
what we need to feed windows to get it to run (e.g. maybe system
%{rdoc.cmd ...} or something like that).

> I updated my Rake gem before writing, to see if the current version
> fixed this issue.  I used this command:
>
>    gem update rake
>
> which just seemed like The Way It Would Work.  But it updated all my
> gems.  Which, after running 'gem help update', I then understood.
>
> Is there a way to update just a particular gem file?

Actually, {gem install rake} will install the latest version.  But it will
also reinstall if you already have the latest.  Hmmm .... I can understand a
desire for a single gem update capability.

> In lieu of that,  shouldn't I get an error for passing an unknown parameter,
> so at least I don't run something I didn't intend?

So noted.