Hiya Austin,

Yeah, I know Oakville.  Public transportation outside downtown Toronto
is pretty poor.  My former 8ish mile ride was from Queen and University
to Yonge and Bloor.  In the winter I could always take the subway if the
weather was bad.

I guess your commute avoids the major highways, because, unless
everything has changed, they're parking lots every day.

If you live a 5-7 minute drive from the nearest TTC stop, you must live
pretty far from the downtown core.  If you had chosen a home closer to
public transportation you would have had more options.  But that doesn't
help with the Oakville endpoint.

I'm lucky because my company is about to make the second move it's made
since I started working here, and their prime concern was always making
sure that they stayed centrally located.  This means more expensive real
estate for them, but it's a huge incentive for us employees.

Btw, hasn't someone up there in Canada done something about this whole
"winter" thing yet?

Gee -- maybe that's a positive result of another Republican sweep here
in the US.  Global warming = better weather in Canada.  ;)

Ben