Announcing  RubyConf.new(2001)
----

FIRST U.S. Ruby CONFERENCE

* Meet your fellow Ruby wizards
* Attend talks on all aspects of Ruby
* Participate in workshops

and of course

* Meet Matz

 We're currently planning a two day event on October 12 and 13
 in Tampa, Florida. That's right before OOPSLA http://oopsla.acm.org,
 so those of you going to both can save a trip. The tentative
 program is available at http://www.rubyconf.org/agenda.php.

CALL FOR FEEDBACK

 We're trying to keep the costs down. (We expect it to cost
 somewhere in the $200-$250 range). The more people that attend,
 the more we can spread out the fixed expenses. So, we
 <b>really</b> need to know if you're planning/hoping to attend.
 Fill in the pre-registration form at
 http://www.rubyconf.org/register.php and give us your details.
 We will use this information to plan further.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

 Think about giving some kind of presentation, or organizing a
 workshop. Contact an organizer at http://www.rubyconf.com/contact.php

 If you have any other ideas, mention them!

A MESSAGE FROM DAVE

 So, imagine the sheer geek kudos of being able to say to future
 generations of Ruby programmers that you were at the innaugural
 conference, and you've got the T-shirt to prove it.

 Sign up Today!
 <<

Guy N. Hurst