Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:11878] Re: Option to allow Python style indenting?"
    on 01/03/02, Eric Sven Ristad <ristad / mnemonic.com> writes:

|A central beauty of Ruby is that most everything is EXPLICIT.

It's very interesting to hear this.  I think Python people are stick
to this principle far more than Ruby people, EXCEPT block end mark. ;-)
For example, Python requires explicit small <-> long conversion of
integers, whereas Ruby doesn't.

I want Ruby to be as explicit as possible where it should be explicit,
and as implicit (or in other word, smart) as possible where it doesn't
make things confusing.

If you feel like the above, it means I succeeded in the language design.
I'm very happy.

Regarding block-by-indentation, I don't like the style, so that it
wouldn't be in the core.  But filter or preprocessor like Cugar might
be useful.  Cugar is the preprocessor to enable Python style formatting
in C <http://www.boswa.com/misc/>.

							matz.