trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
> Election Day is upon us!
>
> If you don't mind I would like to get a feel for the number of U.S. Bush vs.
> Kerry supporters in the Ruby community. I'm doing this in part as a way to
> weight the national election day results against the people I interact with
> everyday.
>
> If you're not a citizen of U.S. I wouldn't mind hearing your opinions too,
> just please state you're not a citizen.
>
> Get out the Vote!
>
> Thanks,
> T.
>
> P.S. I'll put my hat in the ring too after this thread gets started some.

Well...the day isn't over yet.

Our president still has all day remaining to catch Osama.  If he
succeeds in catching the terrorist bastard, I will vote for Bush.

If our president fails to lead our country to capture Osama by the time
I step into the voting booth, then I'll vote for Kerry (it'll be my
first vote ever for a Democrat).

Yes, I'm oversimplifying but at some point you gotta vote for specific
and quantifiable results rather than the promises spewing out of
politicians' mouths (like 'I'm a uniter, not a divider' type of fluff).

Our country needs to hold elected officials accountable.  And our
elected officials need to hold their team accountable.

Who was held accountable for letting 9/11 happen to us despite warnings?
     Any individuals responsible for preventing such things get fired?

Who has been held accountable for the massive screwup in Iraq (so-called
'few week war that will pay for itself with oil' turned into longterm
fiasco where taxpayers and soldiers pay the price)?  Don't the group of
  people who pushed for the war have enough personal wealth to pay for
the whole thing?  Why the hell should we taxpayers pay when those who
agressively pushed for it are better able to do so?

Who has been held accountable for not enforcing our free trade
agreements so that our jobs are not outsourced to countries that do not
play by the agreed-upon rules of free trade?

Who has been held accountable for keeping the US-Mexican and US-Canadian
borders so damned unsecure after 9/11?  It has been several years now
and our borders are as open as ever.

Who the hell got fired for any of this?

I think our president should've started firing people and replacing them
with those who produce desirable results.  Not doing so may have cost
him this election--unless he catches Osama early this afternoon.