> Back in Feb & Apr 2003 there was some ruby-talk regarding
> breakpoints not getting set properly, being set but not being
> "broken" at, problems with exactly how the breakpoint should
> be specified, etc.

I'm just now learning Ruby, making my way through the
Pickaxe II book, and yesterday I got to the section on
using the debugger.  I was surprised to find that you
can set a breakpoint on a non-executable line (without
causing an error from the debugger) and that execution
does NOT stop at the next line after the breakpoint.

I believe that with every debugger I've used in the past
15 years (probably 8 or 9 of them) has moved the break-
point to the next executable line when you try to break
on a comment.  Does it strike anyone else as odd that
Ruby's debugger doesn't do this?

Todd.