I based my supposition on the fact that a developer on the carbon-dev
mailing list who appeared to be from Apple said he was running on the
Tiger beta release and when I gave him a script that used Ruby/DL it
croaked on the require 'dl' line.  After upgrading to Ruby 1.8.1 it
was fixed.  So I assumed that Tiger was shipping with an old version.
I admit this is not a bulletproof supposition.