Eivind Eklund wrote:
> I think I know who to talk to (their release engineer).  However, I
> think we should have exact information about the current status and
> some idea of what we want to propose before I talk to him; I don't
> think me sending him a mail with "Some Ruby people thing you should
> include some more Ruby stuff in your releases.  And by the way, what
> do you have now?" would do much good.

Well what I would like in Tiger:
* a working ftp module on osx (it has been fixed in 1.8.2-preview, maybe
backport the fix to 1.8.1)
* ri working by default for the standard library
* rpa and/or rubygems installed by default.

For the release after Tiger, I would like to see the same level of
support for ruby+cocoa as there is today for objective-c+cocoa. So a
ruby-cocoa project in xcode, integration with interface builder,
ruby-documentation in the documenation center, "fix and continue",...