On Tuesday 02 November 2004 06:20 am, Brian Candler wrote:
| > cgi.out{content}
|
| I think that may be your problem. The 'out' methods of cgi are inefficient,
| I believe due to the large number of singleton methods which are added on
| each object - although I seem to remember it's much worse if you do
| each_cgi("html3") for example.
|
| As suggested elsewhere, try rewriting your app to use the native fastcgi
| API (each) rather than each_cgi.
|
| Also, if your benchmarks are forcing a lot of concurrent connections, then
| you could try configuring mod_fastcgi to launch a static pool of processes
| for your application (say 5 or 10 processes) to see if that zips things
| along, because in that case they will be pre-spawned.

I'm also curious about Singleton Class, i.e. I recall (it was a while ago)
somthing about modifying CGI to be a Singleton class rather then a regular
class --that seemed helpful. I wonder if that would help and/or if the same
can be applied to FCGI. But I'm not sure how that all fits together so I was
wondering if someone could make sense it for us.

Thanks,
T.