On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 07:17:04 +0900, Michael DeHaan
<michael.dehaan / gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder what we could do to get Apple to throw in some extra bells
> and whistles by default, say working SDL, Cocoa, Tk (the shiny one
> from the Aqua Port?), and OpenGL bindings?   I'm building out of
> darwinports now, and I really should just be using straight source.
> Anyhow, the Ruby "market" would take off like crazy if they put in
> some good bindings by default and made them work -- it's kind of
> clunky to get a GUI off the ground as it is (save for darwinports,
> which is not good for distribution).
>
> Look at what RedHat has done for Python acceptance...
>
> If you know the right people at Apple to talk to about this, maybe we
> can get Ruby a leg up.

I think I know who to talk to (their release engineer).  However, I
think we should have exact information about the current status and
some idea of what we want to propose before I talk to him; I don't
think me sending him a mail with "Some Ruby people thing you should
include some more Ruby stuff in your releases.  And by the way, what
do you have now?" would do much good.

Eivind.
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?