On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 04:08:05PM +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Both parent and child processes flushes remaining output buffer.  We
> have to flush stdout and stderr before fork(2).  Here's the patch.

Hi Matz,

That was fast. Just tested it on my box with Ruby-1.8.2-preview2, and it
seems to work:

$ ~/local/bin/ruby command_runner_shell_test.rb > out.txt
$ cat out.txt
Hello, world! 2 times!
Hello, world! 2 times!

All good. :)

That's one less thing to scratch off my agenda of things to do.

Thank you! :)

Steven

P.S. I am guessing this will be merged into the next release?

--
NAUTRONIX LTD
Marine Technology Solutions

Steven Wong
Undergraduate Software Engineer

Nautronix Ltd ABN 28 009 019 603
108 Marine Terrace, Fremantle, WA 6160, Australia
T +61 (0)8 9431 0000, F +61 (0)8 9430 5901, http://www.nautronix.com

E steven.wong / nautronix.com.au
T +61 (0)8 9431 0024
M +61 (0)413 332 005

--
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NAUTRONIX LTD.

If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this email in error and use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.

Although our computer systems use active virus protection software, and we take various measures to reduce the risk of viruses being transmitted in e-mail messages and attachments sent from this company, we cannot guarantee that such e-mail messages and attachments are free from viruses on receipt.  It is a condition of our using e-mail to correspond with you, that any and all liability on our part arising directly or indirectly out of any virus is excluded.  Please ensure that you run virus checking software on all e-mail messages and attachments before reading them.