On Monday 01 November 2004 09:06 pm, James Britt wrote:
> trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
> > Election Day is upon us!
> >
> > If you don't mind I would like to get a feel for the number of U.S. Bush
> > vs. Kerry supporters in the Ruby community. I'm doing this in part as a
> > way to weight the national election day results against the people I
> > interact with everyday.
>
> There are other candidates, though mainstream press prefer to ignore
> them.  Though at least in AZ they get some coverage.

Coverage?   Like Badnarik and Cobb getting arrested in protest of
the presidential debates in St. Louis?  Interesting that there was
absolutely _zero_ coverage of that anywhere in the mainstream
press.

> > Get out the Vote!
>
> Yes.  Vote early and often

I have a different message:  Don't vote at all, please.

Stop participating in a thoroughly illegitimate and unethical
process that's founded on violence, coercion and deceit.

So, to answer the original poster's question:  I won't be
voting at all - not out of apathy, laziness or ignorance, but
due strictly from my own good conscience.

http://www.strike-the-root.com/4/saltiel/saltiel1.html

Regardless of me being a libertarian ( i.e. anarchist ), and my
decision not to vote as a matter of principle - Chomsky put it
quite well recently:

"In the forthcoming presidential elections in the US, there is a
choice: between two candidates who were born to wealth and political
power, attended the same elite university, joined the same secret
society that instructs members in the style and manners of the
rulers, and are able to run because they are funded by largely the
same corporate powers."

You're only so free in this country as what will maintain
capitalism and the status quo. Corporate and foreign interests
run the country, not the "president" - and certainly not the people.

Cheers,

Corey

--

"The birth certificate labels the infant as a member of a national
group whose members are subject to paying taxes and to the military