Ok, first off I feel I am at least semi-intelligent
(most of the time anyway). I am new to Ruby and come
from a Perl background. I had Ruby all installed, been
reading the book/docs and not doing too bad.

Since most of my work relates directly to
reading/writing over a network I went to start
tackling how to use the TCPSocket stuff. Got an
example from the book. Something like

require 'socket'

t = TCPSocket.new('localhost','ftp')
t.gets
t.close

I get the following error:

./test.rb:3:in `require': No such file to load --
socket (LoadError)
        from ./test.rb:3

Hmm, seems socket.rb is not there? I edited the
ext/Setup file and uncommented all those libs as
README file suggested... still nothing. Got some .so
files for readline and such, but nothing relating to
socket?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Shay