I wonder what we could do to get Apple to throw in some extra bells
and whistles by default, say working SDL, Cocoa, Tk (the shiny one
from the Aqua Port?), and OpenGL bindings?   I'm building out of
darwinports now, and I really should just be using straight source.
Anyhow, the Ruby "market" would take off like crazy if they put in
some good bindings by default and made them work -- it's kind of
clunky to get a GUI off the ground as it is (save for darwinports,
which is not good for distribution).

Look at what RedHat has done for Python acceptance...

If you know the right people at Apple to talk to about this, maybe we
can get Ruby a leg up.

--MPD