On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 05:47:18 +0900, Jim Weirich <jim / weirichhouse.org> wrote:
> Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov said:
> > now i use
> >
> >    if TrueClass === options['verbose']
> >      @verbosity = 4
> >    else
> >      @verbosity = Integer options['verbose']
> >    end
>
> Hmmm ... why don't you use:
>
>   if options['verbose'] == true

See, that's why I'm not getting this. I don't see the value of:

  if options['verbose'].true?

over

  if options['verbose'] == true

The reality is that the implementations of #true? and #false? provided
so far essentially hide that test, making this pure magic. I certainly
don't test against true and false values often enough to warrant these
methods, whereas I do consistently test against nil values.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca