Hello,

> Of course there is DBI, but Abstract Adapter is more ORM oriented.
> Would you like to take this over? It worth it IMHO and Active Record
and NDB
> could share the same code base on this which should be a win-win.

I thought about reusing the abstract adapter from ActiveRecord but I
wasnt
sure David would find this a good idea :)  Anyway it really is no big
deal to write database adapters. If other people think that something
like you propose is interesting I could actually do it.

> Rails lacks that tuns me off about it...

while you are at it, why dont you have a look at Nitro too, there are
lotsa changes coming really soon, but I would appreciate your opinion
and suggestions.

best regards,
George Moschovitis