On Monday, November 1, 2004, at 09:33  AM, J. D. wrote:

> What is the best way to handle .rhtml (eruby) documents using fastcgi?
>
> I'm using Linux, Apache2 and fcgi 0.8.4.
>
> I'm trying to convert a site from mod_ruby to fastcgi so I can run
> some comparison tests.
>
> Converting .rbx was easy but I'm not sure how to best handle .rhtml.

Maybe use the erb interpreter, and use fcgi instead of cgi?  I think
that might work, but at the expense of having to insert a big loop into
all your rhtml templates.  There's a cool continuation hack that matz
wrote to make cgi work with fcgi, without any code changes.  But there
are some ruby bugs that affect continuations.

~ patrick