Quoted from ... ruby/gems/1.8/doc/activerecord-1.0.0/rdoc/index.html:

 > Active Record Object-relation mapping put on rails
 >
 > Active Record connects business objects and database tables . . .
^^^^^^

Why does it connect "business" objects? Does this mean it wouldn't be
able to connect "non-commercial" or "NGO" objects? What about artistic
objects? Would activerecord be completely useless for a database
containing info on my personal CD collection?

Please enlighten me as to how something so technologically (not to
mention ideologically) limiting worked its way into the fundamental
design of this library.