Jamis Buck wrote:

> I, for one, am surprised that people continue to reply to David's
> "messages". I killfiled him a long time ago, and he remains the one and
> only person I've ever killfiled, on any of the numerous mailing lists
> I'm on. It really is too bad he hangs out on ruby-talk, because it is
> otherwise one of the nicest communities I have the honor of
> participating in.
>
> I killfiled David because he hides behind the excuse "yes, I'm rude, and
> I can't help it." You can ALWAYS help it. If he gives that excuse, it is
> because he doesn't WANT to change. He delights in being rude and
> obnoxious. Let's just acknoledge that, and cease to rise to David's
> trolls. If you, like me, don't like reading his bile, do like I did, and
> try the killfile.

Thank you.

I, too, killfiled Mr. Ross (twice now , actually).

I resisted commenting on this thread because of the catch-22 of
trolling: Publicly asking people not to publicly respond.

But there you go.

I'm amazed at how much traffic is generated by people repeatedly
pointing out the obvious.  Mr. Ross will not change. Please stop
expecting otherwise.  Please simply either ignore him, or correspond in
private.

Maybe this belongs in the FAQ:

q. Are some people rude, thoughtless, and/or spiteful?
a. Yes.
q. Will they ever change?
a. Don't hold your breath.
q. Even if I repeatedly point out the error of their ways?
a. You're turning blue.

James