Mikael Brockman wrote:

>David Ross <dross / code-exec.net> writes:
>

>>Mikael Brockman wrote:

>>><>
>>>Well, metaphorically, it means dumping your hostile allegations against
>>>the provider of a free service where it rightfully belongs: the trash.
>>>Technically, it means you're killfiled.
>>>

>><>Oh, Thanks Mikael, I'm not great with sound recognition. I asked
>>others on irc and they had no idea what it meant. I've to disagree
>>about them being in the trash though. Chad lied, thats worse than
>>arguing. He lied about having a RBL, and he lied about the 0%. I don't
>>care if I look like a bad guy on this one, becasue I just plainly
>>don't care, but I am 100% right. I spent an hour checking spammer IPs
>>on RubyGarden, it would certainly get over 80%, and the people who
>>spammed from hosts not listed were mostly proxies(common and elite
>>ports) or gone by the time I checked them from being Dynamic IP
>>adrresses. Sorry you feel that way about the truth, not many people
>>can have deep knowledge in security or have the experience. Laters,
>>

>You say you can't escape your habit of rudeness.  Here's a simple
>procedure.  You can write it on a post-in note and stick it to your
>monitor.
>
>Before sending a message, read it over and answer these questions:
>
> - Is the ostensible point of my message to help or to slander?
>
> - Is it possible that I am assuming the worst?
>
> - Is there a way to change my message so that the consequences will
>   smell less of sulphur and more of actual improvement?
>
>If I were to apply this procedure to your mail, I'd come up with
>something like this:
>
>| Oh, thanks Mikael, I'm not great with sound recognition.  I asked
>| others on IRC and they had no idea what it meant.  I've to disagree
>| about them being in the trash though.
>|
>| Chad was using an RBL, but I spent an hour checking spammer IPs on
>| RubyGarden, and it looks like something wasn't set up properly,
>| because most of the spam I saw would have been caught by a good RBL.
>| If you want to continue down the RBL road -- and I think that'd be a
>| good idea, because [reasons here] -- I'd be happy to help.
>|
>| Laters,
>
>That's better, because it still conveys all pertinent information, but
>avoids looking like an attempt at slander, tries not to assume bad
>things, and isn't likely to be followed up with a long thread of flames.
>
>Please try it.  You seem to know stuff about spam prevention.  That
>stuff would be a lot more helpful if provided in a friendly package.

You don't know how hard I've tried, even lilo(head of Freenode IRC) has
talked to me(just about every staff on Freenode) except 3 which I've
never heard of. I'm socially inept. He just accepts it though. Unfixable
unfixable, as well as my dingy short replies.

David Ross
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?