trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:

>On Saturday 30 October 2004 09:40 am, Mikael Brockman wrote:
>| David Ross <dross / code-exec.net> writes:

>| > /me blinks
>| >
>| > what does "PLONK" mean?
>|
>| Well, metaphorically, it means dumping your hostile allegations against
>| the provider of a free service where it rightfully belongs: the trash.
>| Technically, it means you're killfiled.
>
>Killfile?
>
>Well, we all know D. Ross is about as rude as they come. I've sort of just
>come to accept it as a personality "disability", if you will. Between all his
>bravado their is some valuable info though.
>
>But I'm wondering why Chad hasn't as least made a statement on the matter. I
>can understand that he might not want get into it with Ross. I wouldn't
>either. But the rest of us might like to know about his work on the RBL
>matter. I for one do not really want authentication --if at all avoidable.
>
>Hopefully the cap-letters trick will help for while.
>
>T.
>"Pride is terrible thing; learn to waste it."

I've actually bee thinking of writing some code for usemod to check RBL,
and DSBL.. though it might be best to just write a checker daemon in
Ruby and set up a unix pipe. Since there are the other percent which are
running proxies on the computers(common and elite port) which I have to
dread. Whcih means... scanning selected ports and then trying to see if
they are open proxies(whether it be HTTP, SOCKS, etc) This is s big
problem to those who dislike being scanned. To many (even me) its like
knocking on someones door to see if anyone is home. This is the best way
to identify spammers though. Authentication, HTTP limiting is
obfuscation, its a horrible way to block. When I think obfuscation I
think compiling. Just because you compile a C application with a exploit
you know in the program doesnt mean anyone will find it, people look at
it anyway. So therefore obfuscation can easily be overridden, even if
there are captachas. Hiding the problem doesn't help., but fixing the
problem will help.

David Ross
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?