In article <cluk6o12uke / enews3.newsguy.com>,
Phil Tomson <ptkwt / aracnet.com> wrote:
>In article <20041030.020521.295418915.gotoyuzo / sawara.priv.tokyo.netlab.jp>,
>GOTOU Yuuzou  <gotoyuzo / notwork.org> wrote:
>>In message <cls4mq0rfe / enews4.newsguy.com>,
>> `ptkwt / aracnet.com (Phil Tomson)' wrote:
>>> So then I saw something about the --with-openssl-dir option for
>>> configure, and I ran configure again using:
>>>   ./configure --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/
>>
>>Did you try this?
>>
>>  ./configure --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl
>>

>That worked.
>
>Phil

Sorry to reply to my own post, but someone else might also run into
this in the future:

Later I discovered that while openssl worked by doing the above
configure with the --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl and then make, that
webrick no longer worked: something about missing symbols in md5.so.  So
I had to save the openssl.so and then rebuild after doing a clean configure
without the --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl and rebuilt &
reinstalled (making sure to put the saved openssl.so in the right place).
Now both openssl and webrick seem to work.

Phil