On Friday 29 October 2004 03:00 am, Hal Fulton wrote:
| trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
| > No doubt, there are some difficulties, but it certainly seems completely
| > doable. And #6 sounds about right!  Leave it to human beings to go on and
| > on bitching and dealing with rounding issues and what not, rather then
| > taking stock and fixing the problem.
|
| If you volunteer to pay for it, great things will happen.
|
| I sympathize with this "let's just move forward" attitude, but it ignores
| the real world to a large extent. I hear undergraduates talk this way all
| the time. Are you an undergrad?
|
| Hal

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have to slow down! In fact I still
have a dangling thread with matz to finish. sigh.

Well, the short answer is "no".

I don't know why this happens to me exactly but that's the third or forth time
that someone has asked me if I was ___fill in the blank___. Probably b/c I
tend to be all over the map (I have far to many interests for my own good).

But in this case it simply a time issue. We as a community (the larger
computer science community) have certainly had enough time to iron the kinks
with rounding, for instance. Its really sad that we don't have a good
standard for such and are still plagued with it.

If that sounds undergrad, perhaps it's because I remain forever young, and
dare to dream ;)

T.