It's built into the current version of ruby, including the Windows
version.  You don't need to install it.

One other thing that is great about curl is that it has a trace mode
that allows you to see the HTTP requests and responses to make sure
you are sending things the way you want.

Another very useful tool for this is Mozilla's live HTTP headers extension.