Ruby Quiz wrote:

> This week's quiz is to implement the game of Sokoban with the interface of your
> choosing and any extra features you would like to have.

Interesting. In fact I did a cross between Sokoban and Dr. Mario (a nice
variation of Tetris) for this year's first Ludum Dare 48 hour game
development contest.

See http://www.ludumdare.com/user/1011/Infectoban.png for a screenshot
of this.

The game itself is currently still available from
http://noegnud.sourceforge.net/flgr/Infectoban-dll.zip (windows package)
and http://noegnud.sourceforge.net/flgr/Infectoban-source.zip (linux
package, requires ruby-sdl).

I also took part in this year's second contest -- that time I used
Ruby/Gosu and did a cave exploration / flying / shooting style game with
random maps. See http://www.mechanicalcat.net/tech/ld48/home/flgr/diary

Other Ruby entries for this year's second contest were a very addicting
jump-and-flee (http://www.mechanicalcat.net/tech/ld48/home/jsb/diary)
and a game with a random world with different species of monsters (see
http://www.mechanicalcat.net/tech/ld48/home/survivor).

For anybody who hasn't created games with Ruby yet: It is surprisingly
easy and combined with the productivity boost you get from the 48 hour
contests it is a *lot* of fun. :)