On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:43:58 +0900, gabriele renzi
<rff_rff / remove-yahoo.it> wrote:
> Anyway, something that could be added is: wat extension libraries got
> compiled?
> how to allow the compilation of elements of the standard lib such as
> zlib/curses/openssl? Wich packages am I supposed to get ?

This is an interesting question.  My understanding from editing
ext/Setup and the build results is that zlib, curses & openssl
*should* be in there... however:

|Matt@KISMET ~
|$ irb
|irb(main):001:0> require 'zlib'
|require 'zlib'
|LoadError: No such file to load -- zlib
|        from (irb):1:in `require'
|        from (irb):1
|irb(main):002:0>

So something isn't quite right.  Given my lack of experience with
Ruby, and the minimal-learning approach I took to building it, this is
perhaps not an unexpected result.

On the other hand I do want to get this to work properly so I will
endeavour to work out what's wrong and fix it.

Regards,

Matt