> | Has there been any consideration of using a Numeric class that is fixed
> | point? Something that is more like 995/100 representation internally?
> | There is sense is storing money in pennies instead of decimal dollars,
> | but it makes things a little more messy.
>
> How 'bout a good Money class ?

Ruby needs a good Money class.

I went about implementing one the other day, a subclass of BigDecimal,
and ran into a snag:  SubclassOfBigdecimal.new always returns a
BigDecimal. It doesn't use initialize and alloc or any equivalent,
making subclassing next to impossible.

It'd be nice to have a way to subclass BigDecimal -- the code change
needed on the C side isn't that great. I'd like to do it when I get
time, but would welcome someone beating me to the punch.

Ari