On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 04:23:59AM +0900, Daniel Berger wrote:
> Michael Neumann <mneumann / ntecs.de> wrote in message news:<20041028125530.GC2376 / miya.intranet.ntecs.de>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Wee is another "Web Framework". My concentration was to get the core
> > right and light. It includes features from Seaside2, Iowa and Borges.
> >
> > Note, that it's in no way complete, nor usable for anything other than
> > toy examples (due to very little code, it's probably stable, but
> > especially with the Html-generation stuff, there might be problems).
> >
> > You can download the sources directly from viewcvs here:
> >
> >   http://www.ntecs.de/viewcvs/viewcvs/Wee/
> >
> > There are no dependencies. To get started change into the examples
> > directory and run example.rb, then point your browser to
> > http://localhost:2000/app/ and have fun, or play with it online here:
>
> <snip>
>
> I did this on my Windows XP box.  The first time it worked fine.  But,
> Ctrl-C wouldn't work when I wanted to kill it.  So, I pulled up the
> Task Manager and killed it that way.
>
> However, when I tried starting it again I got this error:
>
> C:\ruby\src\Wee\examples>ruby example.rb
> .../lib/wee/application.rb:57:in `load': marshal data too short
> (ArgumentError)
>         from ../lib/wee/application.rb:57:in `load_from_disk'
>         from example.rb:262
>
> Any ideas?

Yes. By default, when you shutdown the application/webserver, all data
is marshalled to disk (the complete session state etc.), and next time,
it is load's from this file.

This file is probably corrupted.

Hm, Ctrl-C doesn't work on FreeBSD, too. Or it takes a lot of time until
the program finally shuts down. That's a problem of WEBrick.

Just delete the file "dump" if it exists. And run the program again.

Regards,

  Michael