> Very neat.  However, I do want to point out that writing the software
> is only a minor part of the development process.  Deciding what the
> specifications are is a much larger part (and usually hidden in the
> coding phase).

The true revelation comes when you realize that writing software is one
of the best way to discover requirements. Once you accept that,
productivity in software development starts to matter a lot more. You
can simply discover requirements faster and try more approaches when
creating software is not the final stage of a straight run.

Anyway, I wrote a bit of a response to that original post on:
http://www.loudthinking.com/arc/000335.html
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.basecamphq.com/   -- Web-based Project Management