> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>>
>> Dare I say it, but cloning CPAN near-exactly wouldn't be a bad way to
>> go.
>>
>> And that means putting RPAN (or whatever) as part of the Ruby standard
>> library, having college mirrors, doing dependancy checking, and so
>> forth.
>
> This is not quite the same thing, but...
>
> The One-Click Ruby Installer for Windows is going to include RubyGems and
> GUI interface to RubyGems. RubyGems will be in the final 1.8.2 release of
> the installer (hopefully the GUI interface will be ready in time to be
> included as well). It is also possible that a follow-on release would
> contain RPA (and a corresponding GUI interface).
>
> Curt

Curt, I will hope that we can maybe release a version with RPA even
sooner. The RPA team and I are very fast hackers. I think I could have
many packages built that would seem awesome(big) in package count and QA
support if anything goes wrong people have a place to nag instead of the
developers.

Dross